Emergency Dentist, Glendale, AZ
While patients can avoid many oral problems with preventative care and regular visits to the dentist, emergency dental treatment is occasionally necessary. Dentists may administer this type of care during or outside of regular office hours to help patients with various oral problems, such as infections or missing teeth. Emergency dental treatment is care administered to relieve mouth pain without prior scheduling.
Emergency dental treatment is available at Singh Smile Care in Glendale, AZ and the surrounding area. We use this type of treatment to care for many common mouth problems to improve patients' oral health. Proper care and treatment are essential for helping patients recuperate from a dental emergency.
If you are experiencing severe mouth pain and need immediate medical treatment, call us at (623) 400-6009 to make an appointment and have your oral health restored.
How Emergency Dentistry Works
Emergency dentistry treats patients dealing with significant dental trauma who need immediate care.
When To Visit an Emergency Dentist
Not all oral problems require emergency dental care, so patients must examine their situation before making an appointment. Most minor issues can wait a few days for a scheduled appointment. However, there are several reasons to seek emergency dental care:
- Restorative emergencies: Accidents can occur at any time, and in the event of a missing or chipped tooth, it is best to seek immediate care. Restorative emergencies require dental care to preserve teeth, so they remain functional. Dentists can then replace teeth to restore the patient’s smile.
- Severe gum pain: According to WebMD, patients should visit the dentist if minor tooth, jaw, or gum pain lasts more than two days. However, those who are in extreme pain should visit the dentist immediately. Pain that persists despite taking over-the-counter medications, such as Aleve®, Tylenol®, or Advil®, could indicate a serious infection or gum disease.
- Tooth abscess: Tooth abscesses are caused by pockets of pus that develop underneath teeth. In addition to being extremely painful, a tooth abscess can lead to a life-threatening infection if left untreated. Seeking immediate care allows dentists to drain the pus that causes the pain before the problem becomes more severe.
- Lost fillings: When patients lose cavity fillings or crowns, the opening is susceptible to infection. Replacing lost crowns and fillings eliminates pain and reduces the chance of infection setting in. Waiting to receive this treatment could elevate patients’ pain.
…there are several reasons to seek emergency dental care.
Benefits of Emergency Dental Care
Seeking immediate care when a problem occurs prevents it from becoming a more extensive issue requiring harsher treatments.
Treatments for Dental Emergencies
Since there are many types of dental emergencies, treatment options vary.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. What makes emergency dentistry different?
Q. When should I seek emergency dental care?
Q. Why should I seek emergency dental care?
Q. What are the different types of dental emergency treatments?
Q. What should I do while waiting to get to the emergency dentist?
People Also Ask
Q. Is increased sensitivity to temperature a sign that endodontic surgery is necessary?
Q. What are some of the reasons one might need a tooth extraction?
What To Do While Waiting For Emergency Dental Treatment
Choosing the right cosmetic dentist is essential to get the desired results. The first part of finding the right cosmetic dentist is to conduct research. Look at the dentist’s background and training since advanced training and continuing education are essential for a cosmetic dentist. People should also look at past work and read online reviews that highlight the dentist’s capabilities.
The consultation is a crucial opportunity for patients to meet with the dentist, get a feel for the office, and dive deeper into the cosmetic dentistry process. Ask questions to evaluate the dentist’s skills and experience and determine if they are the right choice. Our team will address any questions or concerns to help people feel confident in taking the next step towards a more beautiful smile.
If a patient is suffering from any kind of dental trauma, the first thing to do is contact the dentist for instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
Call Us Today
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business and website security
- Gresham Advanced Dentistry was established in 2005.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Multnomah County, Clackamas County, and East County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Gresham, Troutdale, Fairview, Portland, Damascus, Happy Valley, Sandy, Wood Village, Boring, Clackamas, Corbett, Sandy, Eagle Creek, and Estacada
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details