Family Dentist, Glendale, AZ
A family dentist serves patients of most ages, addressing their different oral health needs as they grow older. Patients can keep seeing the same family dentist or the same group of family dentists for decades. Family dentist practices function as primary care dentists and treat family members such as parents, children, and grandparents.
Family dentist services are available at Singh Smile Care in Glendale, AZ and the surrounding area. Our professionals perform many treatments in-house, and our office can be a centralized solution for your family's dentistry needs. You may even be able to schedule appointments for multiple family members at the same time or back-to-back. Call our office today at (623) 400-6009 to make an appointment.
The Philosophy of Family Dentistry
Family dentists work with both children and adults to care for these patients as they grow and change. These dentists emphasize patient involvement by providing accessible, continuous, patient-centered, and comprehensive care. The hallmarks of many family dentistry practices include services that benefit patients at all stages of life, such as:
- Accessibility for children, senior citizens, and other age groups
- Appointment availability the same day or in a few days, especially for emergencies or urgent care needs
- Dentists who are easy to talk to
- Dentists who focus on prevention and treatment
- Multiple appointments at the same time or close together
- Multiple dentists representing general dentistry and, sometimes, various specialties
- Possible flexible payment options
Family dentists work with both children and adults to care for these patients as they grow and change.
Understanding Family Dentistry
Centralized paperwork and familiarity with medical history also help dentists pinpoint and treat various oral health issues.
Age Groups Treated by Family Dentistry
Parents and caregivers are busy, and family dentists make their lives easier.
Needs Treated by Family Dentistry
A family dentist can practice alone, but some partner with other dentists. Whatever the case, a family dentist treats various needs. Patients often turn to their family dental practice for checkups, cleanings, cavity prevention and treatment, tooth decay deterrence, and gum disease prevention. Some practices may even provide orthodontic services, cosmetic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and other types of specialized dentistry. When necessary, family dentists refer patients to specialized dentists for other types of treatment.
Patients often turn to their family dental practice for checkups, cleanings, cavity prevention and treatment, tooth decay deterrence, and gum disease prevention.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Why should I see a family dentist?
Q. What age groups do family dentists treat?
Q. What needs can family dentists treat?
Q. What is the first appointment with a family dentist like?
People Also Ask
Q. How often should someone have a dental checkup?
Q. What makes a kid friendly dentist unique?
Q. What is the difference between clear aligners and traditional braces?
What to Know About the First Appointment With a Family Dentist
A patient's first visit to a family dentist will consist of a thorough physical examination to assess their needs and current dental health. This will involve a dental exam and updated X-rays. X-rays are particularly essential as they can diagnose and evaluate any potential issues that an exam cannot detect. Singh Smile Care will also perform a thorough dental cleaning as part of the first visit. Then, once completed, our team will discuss any X-ray results and devise a customized treatment plan to meet each patient's unique needs.
A patient’s first visit to a family dentist will consist of a thorough physical examination to assess their needs and current dental health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
Call Us Today
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business and website security
- Gresham Advanced Dentistry was established in 2005.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Multnomah County, Clackamas County, and East County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Gresham, Troutdale, Fairview, Portland, Damascus, Happy Valley, Sandy, Wood Village, Boring, Clackamas, Corbett, Sandy, Eagle Creek, and Estacada
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details