Implant Supported Dentures, Glendale, AZ
Implant-supported dentures offer a practical, comfortable, and natural-feeling tooth replacement option for many patients. They are often a good choice for people who are missing all their teeth but still have a strong and robust jawbone. Implant-supported dentures use dental implants in the jaw to hold dentures in place that feel and function more like natural teeth than removable dentures.
Implant-supported dentures are available at Singh Smile Care in Glendale, AZ and the surrounding area. They are a durable and natural-looking option for replacing missing teeth. We are experienced with performing implant procedures and can help you get the best results from your dentures.
Take care of your missing teeth with implant-supported dentures by calling our office at (623) 400-6009 today to set up an appointment and learn more.
Implant Supported Dentures vs. Removable Dentures
For dentures, especially those replacing a full set of teeth, there are two common options: implant-supported and removable. As the names imply, the former use implants in your jawbone and are fixed in place, whereas the latter can be taken out.
According to the American Dental Association, there are many benefits to choosing implant-supported dentures. In particular, patients surveyed often felt implant-supported dentures were more comfortable than standard dentures. Many patients also report benefiting from fixed dentures using implants because they feel similar to natural teeth. They can eat with them and brush like normal. If cared for properly, implant-supported dentures can be a permanent solution to missing teeth.
However, implant-supported dentures have some drawbacks. They require a more extensive procedure for their placement than traditional dentures. Additionally, removable dentures do not always stay firmly in place. They often need to be adjusted to ensure a continued correct fit.
Many patients also report benefiting from fixed dentures using implants because they feel similar to natural teeth.
How To Get Implant Supported Dentures
To receive implant-supported dentures, you need to visit your dentist. If you go to a general dentist, he or she may suggest that you visit a practice that has experience placing implants, such as Singh Smile Care. Choosing the right dentist to place your implants will help ensure good results from your dentures.
Your implant dentist will perform an examination and consultation to determine if implant-supported dentures are right for you. Dental implants require some jawbone for placement. So, people with deteriorated jaws may not be able to receive implants. However, as technology advances, dentists are increasingly able to strengthen and augment the jaw to allow implantation.
The implants are surgically placed in your jawbone. The dentures connect to these implants so that they stay firmly in place. The implantation may be done under sedation. While there may be a little discomfort, most people can return to their daily lives the next day following the procedure.
The dentures connect to these implants so that they stay firmly in place.
Types of Implant Supported Dentures
There are two main systems for implant-supported dentures: bar-retained and ball-retained. In either case, the system is supported by several implants placed in the jaw. Additionally, the dentures typically are made of acrylic or porcelain and look like natural teeth. The main difference between the two types is how the dentures connect to the implants.
- Bar-Retained: In this setup, a metal bar follows the curve of the jaw. It is anchored to the mouth with the implants. The dentures connect to the bar to hold them in place.
- Ball-Retained: Ball-retained dentures, also called stud-attached dentures, more directly connect the implants to the dentures. A small attachment on each implant connects with a socket on the dentures. Typically, this attachment is ball-shaped, hence the name.
In either case, the system is supported by several implants placed in the jaw.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures are a popular choice for teeth replacements. Our team is well-versed in its benefits and drawbacks and provides knowledgeable guidance to every patient. According to the American Academy of Periodontology, these are some of the benefits you can expect from implant-supported dentures:
- Patients find them to be comfortable: Many people find implant-supported dentures more comfortable than removable dentures because they stay in place more firmly. This means the implant-supported dentures will not rub against your mouth or cause sores in the same way that loose, removable dentures can.
- Natural-Looking: Implant-supported dentures look like natural teeth. So, you can have a beautiful smile that is not a set of dentures. This can be a significant confidence boost for many patients.
- Effective Tooth Replacement: Before dentures, tooth loss can affect the way one speaks and eating solid foods. Fixed dentures are more similar to natural teeth in terms of function. So, patients can return to speaking confidently and enjoying more of the foods that they did before tooth loss.
- Supports Bone Health: Removable dentures can harm your jawbone by pressing and rubbing against it constantly. Implant-supported dentures, conversely, are more firmly fixed. They interact with your jawbone, much like natural teeth.
Implant-supported dentures look like natural teeth.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Frequently Asked Questions About Implant Supported Dentures
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
Call Us Today
About our business and website security
- Singh Smile Care was established in 2006.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Maricopa County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Glendale and surrounding area
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details